When did you start wearing maternity clothes?

1:11 AM Contributed by KC

I'm thirteen weeks today and I'm a little on the heavier side...my pants are quickly becoming too tight to wear at work for 9-10 hours a day. I'm thinking about getting maternity pants just for a little extra give at the belly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I started needing maternity clothes at 20 weeks. I am now 25 weeks and my pants are slightly tighter but I can still wear some of them and on the other hand all my normal blouses are way too small and my pregnant belly is sticking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Years ago, when I was pregnant, I was very thin to begin with... so few people even realized that I was pregnant until I entered my 6th month. I basically bought loose, stylish clothing to fit over my burgeoning belly. I also disliked the look of maternity clothes. The only items that I did buy were slacks with those stretchy panels to accommodate my expanding waistline. Otherwise, I saved money by buying large, loose clothes at thrift shops and feeling comfortable and stylish at the same time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made a mistake!

I really, really wanted to be pregnant and everything that went along with that. I wound up wearing maternity clothes around 9-10 weeks when I really didn't need to wear them. I said that they felt more "comfortable." By the end of my pregnancy I was so sick of my clothes! This time I waited until I had to wear them, which was closer to 20 weeks.

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments: